Sing to God, sing praises to his name; extol him who rides on the clouds, by his name Yah, and rejoice before him. (Psalm 68:4)
Holy Spirit, please help us sing to God the Father and make melody to him in our hearts.
A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy habitation. (Psalm 68:5)
Father, there are so many fatherless children in our society — so many young men who know how to have sex but don’t know how to be a father to the children they produce.
God sets the solitary in families; he brings out those who are bound into prosperity; but the rebellious dwell in a dry land. (Psalm 68:6)
Jesus, reestablish family life throughout this diocese.
O God, when you went out before your people, when you marched through the wilderness, (Psalm 68:7)
Jesus, the Episcopal Church has become a wilderness. March with the people of the Diocese of Albany and the Diocese of South Carolina as we go through that wilderness.
The earth shook; the heavens also dropped rain at the presence of God; Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel. (Psalm 68:8 )
Holy Spirit, move us by your presence.
You, O God, sent a plentiful rain, whereby you confirmed your inheritance, when it was weary. (Psalm 68:9)
Father, sent the plentiful rain of your Holy Spirit to refresh us.
Your congregation dwelt in it; you, O God, provided from your goodness for the poor. (Psalm 68:10)
Jesus, provide for the poor and the lost and the least in the land among us. Thank you.
The LORD gave the word; great was the company of those who proclaimed it: (Psalm 68:11)
LORD, give your word and raise up many to proclaim it throughout your church. Thank you.
A word received: Keep coming to me. I AM blessing your coming to me.
Tuesday: 61, 62 * 68:1-20(21-23)24-36; Gen. 21:1-21: Heb. 11:13-22: John 6:41-51
Wednesday: 72 * 119:73-96; Gen. 22:1-18: Heb. 11:23-31: John 6:52-59
Notes from the Front Line
***** Start now reading and reflecting on the lessons for Sunday so that you can receive all that God has for you (Mark 1:29-39; 1 Corinthians 9:16-23; 2 Kings 4:(8-17)18-21(22-31); Psalm 142).
***** Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012
From: Nigel Mumford
Subject: Daily Quote…
There are so many promises in the bible. Let us focus on the perfection of the Kingdom in the word. Let the “Word” of Jesus heal you’re wounds. Say a personal yes and Amen to God. Corinthians 1:20 writes, “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the Glory of God. “
***** Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012
From: Bishop Mike Chapman
Earthquake in Ica around midnight last night. About 60 injured but no known deaths. As far as I know the team here is ok. Please pray for the injured. This is the second one here since October. Pray for Ica. +Mike
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012
From: Ginnie Grupinski
Subject: URGENT PRAYER FOR PERU
Linda Chapman: Well, we had an earthquake last night at 12:11am. 6.3 It was so loud, like standing near a passing train. The noise shot me out of bed to the doorway of the bedroom. Then my husband yelled, Linda go! The whole building was shaking back and forth and the stairways going down from the 3rd floor were moving back and forth. Next thing we were out in the street, I in my nightgown. But everything was pitch black because we lost the electric. We stayed out there with all the other people for a while to see if it was going to happen again. We need to check out today how people are in some of the towns around us where the buildings are not as well made.
Dear Intercessors…Please pray and declare Romans 8:18-27 for the Chapmans and Peru. I will update you as I hear any more from Linda. Thanks for your faithfulness to pray! Blessings, Ginnie
***** Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012
From: WHI Dayton Prayer
Subject: WHI Dayton Prayer Request and Praise Report 2012 01 31
If you know someone that wishes to pray for this ministry, please ask them to send their e-mail to WHI Dayton Prayer
1. WHI Dayton’s planning, teaming, resourcing, recruiting, partnering. Many team members are suffering from illness, old injuries, and family emergencies. Need strong spiritual covering.
2. WHI Dayton initially requested to meet with one chaplain at Fort Campbell on Friday 10 Feb am. Now, the chaplain is hosting a 2-hour information meeting with estimated 40 (up to 70) chaplains, area pastors, and caregivers. 3 WHI Dayton team members planning to drive the 6-hr one-way trip from Thu to Sat, 9 to 11 Feb. Pray for the hosting chaplain, who would be in a 24-hr+ endurance training with his flock with only 3 hours of break before the meeting. Army Strong! Need to represent the overall WHI effort well. Jesus, thank you for granting favor!
3. WHI NY planning female veterans retreat (TBD) and all-hands retreat in Nov. A DC church planning for General Officer’s retreat in Apr and all-hands in Oct.
4. USAF active duty suicide rate in mid-Jan 2012 showed 6% increase from Jan 2011. Supervisors are directed to have one-on-one meetings with subordinates on resiliency.
5. Cindy, widowed 2 weeks ago. Her husband was a WHI vet who accepted Jesus during the retreat. Cindy is having a hard time accepting the loss.
6. Carolyn, a WHI spouse, with fragile cardiovascular and digestive systems, easily exhausted tending to family and possibly fighting infection.
7. Combat vets being invited to April retreats: Dan E, Bill, Loretta, Wayne, Joe S, Ken, Robert, Joe M, Shane, Jim, Jeff, Bob, Paul, Mike, Don, Fred, Tom, and Dan A. Spouses / fiances Jenny, Gina, Diana (unknown medical condition), Joyce, Rachel, Joy, Lenore, and Dixie. WHI vet Dan and spouse expecting baby boy in March.
8. Sonya, daughter of a USMC Korean War vet. She is mourning her dad’s passing in Dec 2011.
9. Gen Bill returned home to East Coast. His daughter Caroline’s conditions are improving; she cannot wait to get back to normal routine.
10. Praise the Lord for the nation’s first parade to honor Iraqi War vets and families in St. Louis on 28 Jan. Let the Lord’s healing begin in many.
11. Pray for US Army Ranger Cory Smith, currently on his 18th day running / bicycling from his station at Columbus GA to his home state Indianapolis IN, inviting others to run with him and donate for PTSD and re-integration issues facing veterans. Pray for safety, strength, and completion. http://www.facebook.com/runrangerrun or http://gallantfew.org/index.cfm?pageId=32&Page=Run%20Ranger%20Run