This is a must-read and bookmark resource for those wanting to truly celebrate the entire 50 day season of Easter: Celebrate Easter’s 50 Days. [Note: there are also some Pentecost celebration ideas included in the list of 50 ideas.] It is very family-focused and perhaps the best such list I have seen.
Here are some of my favorites:
6. Add an “alleluia” song—or three alleluias—to your grace before meals.
8. Make a poster of a life-giving cross. Add paper flowers and leaves to it throughout Easter. [Karen suggests: maybe each day add something you are thankful for about the cross, some sin that the Lord has conquered in your life, or some promise God has given that we know is sealed and true because of Christ’s resurrection.]
10. Keep fresh flowers around.
13. Talk about baptism. Tell stories of family members’ baptisms.
28. If your family likes to sing and play instruments, have people over for a musical Easter celebration.
Thanks to Amy at Splendour of the Ordinary for the link!