Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 08:01 AM
From: Elizabeth Strickland
Subject: Update on Fr. Nigel
Fr. Nigel Mumford continues in ICU. He is completely off the ventilator, even at nighttime! Thank you, Lord Jesus.
In the determined manner of a Royal Marine, he is building his strength and has used a walker to get from his bed to his chair – a short distance but a huge accomplishment. He is very dizzy when he stands up.
As a result of letting you know about the E-cards at Saratoga Hospital, Fr. Nigel received over 300 e-cards the first day. Needless to say, it caused a bit of disruption to their system. On the bright side of that, Fr. Nigel was very touched. Perhaps it would be wise to hold off on sending any more cards until the hospital can recover from the massive response.
Please pray for:
* Complete and immediate healing of Fr. Nigel’s bedsores
* Complete healing and strengthening of Fr. Nigel’s lungs
* Building up of Fr. Nigel’s muscles – all of his muscles – so that he can regain his strength
* Elimination of the dizziness Fr. Nigel feels when he stands
* Peace and endurance for Lynn
Please give Praise and Thanksgiving to our Lord for the continued healing of Fr. Nigel. Our God is so awesome. He cares so much for each one of us — He listens to our prayers. Bless you all for your continued and dedicated prayers.