I (Karen) just happened to catch Betty Lee Payne’s comment over at Stand Firm with her list of thanksgivings related to the Global South Encounter. [Betty Lee has been a past contributor to L&B and I appreciate her friendship and support!] I add my “Amen!” to all she has written:
There is a great deal for which to be thankful today!
With praise and thanksgiving to God:
1.For these courageous, steadfast and faithful leaders He has raised up at a time in which there is such a need for them.
2.For blessing us with their leadership
3. For being able to hear and see them speak through Anglican TV (truly renewing and inspiring!)
4. For “refreshing the hearts of the saints” throughout the Anglican Communion through their words, spoken and written
5. For reminding us once again what real Christian leadership looks like—that it is always clear and never wavers from “the way, the truth, and the life” of Our Savior—and that we have it in abundance in the Anglican Global South
6. For the powerful prayers posted on the Global South web site and on Lent and Beyond—it has been a privilege to be in prayer for all of these faithful leaders
7. For knowing once and for all that these are my leaders, the true leaders given to every Anglican belonging to Jesus Christ in the body of believers; and that no matter what goes on under the table around the ABC, the ACO, and ACC in an attempt to keep the leadership out of the hands of the Global South leaders, the Lord has not allowed these schemes to prosper.
The Kingdom of God is never at risk!
“The LORD reigns,
Let the nations tremble;
He sits enthroned between the cherubim,
Let the earth shake.
Great is the LORD in Zion;
He is exalted over all the nations.
Let them praise your great and awesome name—
He is holy.”