Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon; but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me. And I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks and judges. Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word he shall never see death.” (John 8:49-51)
Father, please help us in all things to seek your honor and glory and bring honor and glory to your son Jesus. So guide us by your Holy Spirit that we can consider others before we consider ourselves. Thank you.
Saturday: 87, 90; *; 136; Jer. 13:1-11; Rom. 6:12-23; John 8:47-59
Sunday: 66, 67; *; 19, 46; Jer. 14:1-9,17-22; Gal. 4:21-5:1; Mark 8:11-21
HC: 34 or 34:1-8; Joshua (4:19-24); 5:9-12; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; Luke 15:11-32
Notes from the Front Line
***** From http://radiantfaith.blogspot.com/ Thursday, March 7, 2013 by Liz Ikeda Bissell
Finding Stillness In the Hubub of Life
Do you struggle with being still and hearing from God? This morning I’d like to share with you how I spent time with God this morning. This exercise requires a little bit of time, so if you are skimming this or in a rush, I recommend that you come back later when you have more time. You might want to read this before you start. Once you’re done, I’d love to hear from you.
1) Go to a quiet place.
2) Close your eyes.
2) Sing a worship song that comes to mind.
3) Breathe. Listen. Keep your eyes closed for a few minutes. Allow yourself to relax and be still.
4) Let your mind wander as you sit in silence. Pray as worries and people come to mind. When you’re done praying for one person or situation, pray for the next person or situation that comes to mind. Pray trusting prayers. Acknowledge God’s goodness, supremacy, and power. Allow the stillness to calm your heart. Release your prayers and your burdens as you pray.
5) Ask God what He wants to tell you today? Listen. Write it down. Don’t over think it. Just write what you hear. Thank God for speaking to you.
What did you hear?
Here is what I heard? I love you, Liz. You are my daughter. I am in the stillness. There is none like me. I am in control. I will carry your burdens. Do not be afraid. I am with you always.
***** Bishop’s Update March 8, 2013
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I arrived at Kanuga Conference Center in North Carolina Wednesday afternoon for the House of Bishops’ Spring Meeting. The meeting ends with dinner Tuesday evening and I will be returning to Albany on Wednesday, March 13th. The House of Bishops typically meets twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. The meeting in the spring is designed primarily as a retreat, but will include a business session and discussion time. I would ask you to please keep me and all the bishops in your prayers these next few days. May the Lord bless our retreat time, and may the Holy Spirit guide us in our time of fellowship, conversation and meeting.
In other news, Fr. Nigel Mumford will be going on sabbatical beginning on his birthday, Wednesday, March 13th. Having headed up the healing ministry at Christ the King Spiritual Life Center these past 10 years, he is looking forward to a time of refreshment and renewal. In addition to resting and spending more time writing, Fr. Nigel plans to travel throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom to get a better sense of what the Lord is doing in the Christian healing ministry in other areas. During the time of the sabbatical, Fr. Nigel’s wife Lynn will do some traveling with him, but also plans to continue working part-time at Christ the King.
The regular weekly healing prayer ministry at the Spiritual Life Center will continue during Fr. Nigel’s absence. We have a very gifted healing prayer team and a slate of special guest speakers for the Tuesday morning services. Brenda Reid will help coordinate all the weekly services as well as other healing ministry events. I have asked Bishop Dan to help provide a pastoral presence and oversee the SLC healing prayer ministry during this time. Fr. Nigel’s last service before the start of his sabbatical will be this coming Tuesday, March 12th, at 10:00 a.m. I know he would love to see you if you are able to attend the service.
***** From: Theresa Rinaldo
Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2013
Subject: City Mission – 5:30 pm on Thursday, March 7, 2013. Chuck Rinaldo and Kathy Palmatier prayer ministers.
1. Prayed for Jean and Torre Bissell. Healing for Jean after surgery, and strength for Torre.
2. Gary – Pray for a safe and healthy delivery of his daughters’ first child and his first grandchild. Safety for his wife as she commutes in Salt Lake City where she is with their daughter.
3. Peter – Pray A
4. Dan – Going to a wake tonight for his daughter’s boss who was killed in a snowmobile accident. Ask that he can be a comfort to those who are grieving.
5. Ron – Pray for a good outcome of a rescheduled hearing; from March 20 to April 29; a petition to get custody of his daughter Isabelle.
6. Chuck- His 2 year old son, Kobi, is in NYC with his daughter. Chuck had emergency hospital procedure for his digestive problem, and is still having treatments. Protection for his son and good outcome from treatments.
7. +++++Jerry – Praise the Lord, Neal and Jared are okay. Donna has surgery for ovarian problem; do not know if it’s cancer- will be having surgery. Pray for Christy who has Lupis. Pray for Jerry’s annual check-up for brain cancer. A PTL for Jerry…after a very serious illness in early February, and a week stay in the hospital, he is back and feeling better. He’s asking for travel mercies as he plans travel to California to be with his mother to celebrate her 99th birthday.
8. ++Damond – homeless and needs a place for him and his girlfriend.