O Lord, have mercy.
We are a church under judgment. We are reaping the harvest of arrogance and rebellion. We have worshipped mammon. Our sins have broken the Anglican Communion. Like Pontius Pilate, we ask ‘What is truth?’ and scourge the body of Christ.
Our disobedience and unforgiveness have filled the Communion with the stench of festering wounds instead of the sweet aroma of obedience and love. Our strength fails, and our hope is a dying ember.
Bring to our minds those sins You wish us to declare. We have been fools, and we are sorry.
You are our hope. You are our heart’s desire. Do not forsake us. Make haste to help us. Help us to walk in obedience, forgiveness, and love. Amen.
Psalm 38, John 18:38, 2 Corinthians 2:17
O Lord, have mercy.
Holy God, we see your glory in the face of Jesus Christ: may the Anglican Communion Primates and bishops reflect his life in word and deed, that all the world may know his power to change and save. This we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Almighty God, whose Son revealed in signs and miracles the wonder of your saving presence: renew the bishops and Primates of the Anglican Communion with your heavenly grace, and in all their weakness sustain them by your mighty power; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.
(adapted from CoE Common Worship Collects)
And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, “This man receives sinners and eats with them.” So he spoke this parable to them, saying: “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.” (Luke 15:2-7)
Holy Spirit, give us hearts and wills to go out seeking the lost sheep that are all around us. Help us bring joy to our Father in heaven by bringing back the lost and the least to him. Help us join Jesus — give us shepherds’ hearts to seek out the lost and the least. Thank you.
Friday: 102; *; 107:1-32; Jer. 23:1-8; Rom. 8:28-39; John 6:52-59
Saturday: 107:33-43, 108:1-6(7-13); *; 33; Jer. 23:9-15; Rom. 9:1-18; John 6:60-71
Notes from the Front Line
***** From: Susan Plaske
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013
Subject: Cathedral of All Saints prayer table
March 6, 2013
Windy cloudy but we are outside
Sue Plaske, Beth Collum, Jana
Dave for healing for the Whites
Sharon and Connie – Teriqua , Jim, Roy and Jackie, Anna
Daniel + Pray for protection, housing, job, family
Dottie – cousin passed away
Jean – health issue
Sue prayers for her talk tonight at stations of the cross.
Paul for protection, healing of his knee shoulder and diabetes.
Eileen – Cheryl awaiting liver transplant
Jana – Job opportunity in Memphis
Dina + – peace for daughter and granddaughter , accepted a cross for her 4 year old granddaughter who will be baptizxed at Easter Vigil
Paula – Cataract surgery
March 13th, 2013
Cool but sunshine, put the sign out “prayer table 12-1 ” at 9AM
At 12 there was a woman waiting for prayer
Angela – protection from her boss. who she feels is her “Goliath” Prayed for light in /through this darkness
Cynthia – protection for her feelings ” not to take things so personally
Bernies’ knee was healed . PRAISE God
Man prayed for Thomas – son with autism and Mark – brother with brain cancer
Jana – prayers for those involved in the car accident outside her house this morning.
Hilda – wisdom at work
Paula and David – safe travel ti Ireland and for protection and health while traveling
Several people passing by politely declined..
***** City Mission Prayer Table, Thursday, March 14, 2013. Chuck Rinaldo and Kathy Palmatier.
* PTL…he’s a Grandfather. His daughter had a healthy baby girl, 6 lbs. 15 oz. this Monday.
* His son-in-law has excepted a position at Skidmore and they will be moving back east before the beginning of the new school year. Pray for the Lord to be with them as they prepare new beginnings.
* Special prayer for his ability to handle a very delicate situation.
* A PTL for his oldest daughter who is happy with her new job, and for his other daughter who is doing well in her new apartment.
* PTL for a pastor friend’s daughter Chris who is walking on her own. God knows the condition of her illness and pray for continued healing.
* Pray for Rick and Sherri whose daughter suffered a stroke. Pray that she will have continued progress and healing.
* Pray for his wife and the upcoming birth of their baby, due date is 4-11. For a healthy and normal delivery.
* Pray for him and his brother’s to work in the Lord’s leading and unity of family and business.
4. We all prayed together for Jean and Torre for healing and comfort.