I hope later today (Sunday December 1) to post an updated list of recommended Advent Resources and Links. (In the meantime, you can view our two posts with listings of recommended resources and sites from 2012 here and here.)
Here are a few new resources I’ve come across in recent days:
- The Art of Simple: Some great and, yes, SIMPLE ideas for how to celebrate Advent. Includes suggestions for adults, and children of different ages. Also a great Advent calendar idea.
- An Advent devotional: The Greatest Gift, Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas, by Ann Voskamp. This is a devotional book structured around the themes of the Jesse Tree and Christ’s lineage. I’m excited about this book. Those who buy the book can also download beautiful Jesse Tree ornaments.
- Crossroads Kids Club: An online Advent Calendar with fun family activities
Thanks to Jessica Snell for her post which pointed me to these good Advent links.
Some other links of interest:
- Our Advent Resources category, and our Advent links & resources compilation. (links from 2007 – 2012 – I hope to update it today.)
- A short post on what the Advent Candles symbolize – one of the most popular articles we’ve ever posted.
- Our Advent Favorites Category – some great advent prayers, poems and short reflections.