I (Karen) have had the joy and privilege of being able to take a Holy Week retreat the past 2 days, which enabled me to find a a lot of wonderful devotional material online to share here. I never expected to post so many entries today, but I have been so thankful to spend the day in worship, prayer and reflection through the various devotionals, hymns, poems, etc. that I’ve posted. Here’s an index of all our Good Friday posts today, starting with the earliest entries first.
- GOOD FRIDAY 2014 (the header post which appeared at the top of the blog throughout the day with several key links)
- A Good Friday Hymn #1: Alas and Did my Savior Bleed
- Good Friday Quotes: Charles Spurgeon – I Slew Him
- One Brutal Death…. today’s Good Friday devotional from Desiring God
- A Hymn for Good Friday #2: O Love Divine, What Hast Thou Done
- Good Friday 2014 around the blogosphere
- Patrick Comerford’s Sermons on the Seven Last Words of Christ on the Cross
- Good Friday related entries from the King’s English blog
- A Poem for Good Friday – Amy Carmichael: Lest We Forget
- Hymns for Good Friday #3: Ah Holy Jesus, How Hast Thou Offended
- A Baroque “Shape Poem” for Good Friday: On the Crucified Jesus
- For Good Friday: 3 tracks from Max Lucado’s He Chose the Nails
- Classic CCM for Good Friday: Christian Stephens – Song of the Cross
- Good Friday Hymns #4: In Evil Long I Took Delight (John Newton) / The Look (adaptation by Bob Kauflin)
- Various Scriptures Prayed [my colleague Torre’s post with personal prayer responses to the lectionary Scripture readings for Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. Thanks Torre for always pointing us to the need to hear, respond to and obey the Scriptures!]
- DEAD! The Author of Life lies in a tomb….
After the posting of “DEAD!” at 20:00 GMT this evening, I won’t post anything further until 16:00 GMT tomorrow (noon Eastern) [Jill or Torre may perhaps post some entries, however]. I’ve scheduled five posts for Holy Saturday tomorrow afternoon and evening. I’ve so enjoyed devotional blogging this Lent and Holy Week. I hope to be able to continue posting with some frequency throughout the 50 Days of Easter. Stay tuned….
I and all of us here at Lent & Beyond wish a blessed Good Friday, Holy Saturday and a GLORIOUS Easter to all our readers and friends. – Karen B. L&B founder