Here’s the section of Poems for Holy Saturday from our larger compilation of Poems for Holy Week.
5. Holy Saturday:
- Sepulchre, by George Herbert
- John Keble: Easter Eve
- Emily Polis Gibson: Be Still and Wait
- Emily Polis Gibson: Great Gaps
- Hans Urs von Balthasar on the Truth of Holy Saturday: Only the wound is there
- Upon our Saviour’s Tomb, wherein never man was laid.
- Easter Night, Alice Meynell
- We Simply Have to Wait, John Harrell
- The Stones (excerpt), by Wendell Barry
- A Fitting Silence, Emily Polis Gibson