And they were astonished at his teaching, for his word was with authority. (Luke 4:32)
Jesus, help us accept your authority when you speak to us.
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalm 91:1)
Holy Spirit, help each of us in this diocese have that secret place and time with the Father and abide under his shadow. Thank you.
I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in him I will trust.” (Psalm 91:2)
LORD, you are my fortress and my refuge, my God in whom I will trust. Thank you for being who you are.
Those who are planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing, (Psalm 92:13-14)
Plant us in your house, LORD, so that we may flourish and bear fruit in old age. Thank you.
WORD: Keep looking to me for help.
WORD: Turn to me for comfort when you are filled with sorrow.
WORD: Look to me in times of trouble and times of plenty. Keep your eyes on me.
WORD: Remember me and I will remember you.
WORD: Let me lead you by my hand.
WORD: Thank me for my kindness and mercy.
Friday: 88 * 91, 92; Esther 8:1-8,15-17*: Acts 19:21-41: Luke 4:31-37
Saturday: 87, 90 * 136; Hosea 1:1-2:1: Acts 20:1-16: Luke 4:38-44
Notes from the Front Lines
***** Please pray for the victims and families of those with Ebola in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Nigeria, and elsewhere. It is decimating whole communities. Pray for the health workers who risk their lives to treat the sick and the dying.
Daniel Herzog, Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:30 PM
Subject: Ebola Cases Could Reach 1.4 Million in 4 Months, C.D.C. Estimates – NYTimes.com http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/24/health/ebola-cases-could-reach-14-million-in-4-months-cdc-estimates.html?referrer=
***** City Mission Pray Table – September 25, 2014 – Torre and Jean Bissell, Chuck Rinaldo
* Steven – Has cancer in his neck and chest. Asked for strength and peace.
* + Rich – Pray for his family, and his wife who is expecting a baby, and for protection for the baby. Asked for God’s love and provision for his family.
* Carmelo – 8 year old son of Rich. He was thankful for the meal from City Mission.
* Dan and his daughters
* Praise the Lord, his daughter, Summer, got a full-time job at the Baptist Retirement Home. Pray that she will stay with the job.
* Shannon got a new job in Tennessee. Pray protection over her and for God’s peace.
* Julie has 2 jobs and is getting her GED. Pray the Lord sustain her during this time.
* Benjamin – Praise the Lord he has a job and is still walking with Jesus. Pray that he keeps his eyes on Jesus.
* ++Ricos – Pray the Lord keep him safe and steady.
* Stephen – He learned the “Golden Rule” – treat others as he wants to be treated. Pray the Lord will enable him to walk in love.
* Ted –Pray for his healing and continued good health. Pray for h is daughter, Camille who has Lyme disease.
* Tobias – His girlfriend, Odetta, has a trichotomy. Pray that the Lord heals her and restores her voice back.
* Jackie – She knows Jesus, but she’s in a spiritual battle with the devil. She hears demons. Pray she expels the demons and fills the void with the Holy Spirit. Pray for a hedge of protection around her.
* Gary – Pray for God’s provision for his family, for family unity, and to know when to speak and when not to speak.