UPDATE: There is a NEW LIST of links for 2o15, with updated links, and many new entries.
Below are some updated links to great Lent Resources for 2014 from around the web – these include favorite sites I’ve linked before as well as brand new links and resources.
Sites with Daily Readings / Devotionals / Prayers:
- Barnstorming blog: Daily Lenten devotionals – photography, poetry, music = must visit site!
- Bible Gateway has three different online devotionals of particular interest in Lent: Lent Devotions, The Story of Jesus, 40 Day Journey with Dietrich Bonhoeffer (that link takes you to day 1 of the Bonheoffer 40 Day devotional, (which began in Feb 2014, before Lent started.) You can use this link for the current date’s entry).
- Biola University’s “The Lent Project” site. [corrected link] Biola’s Advent site was one of my favorite new online Advent discoveries during 2013. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the written devotions and edified by the artwork & music. I recommend checking out Biola’s Lent site!
- Daily Lent Scripture Readings 2014 (A handy one page listing of the 2014 Daily Scripture readings from the Book of Common Prayer)
- ADDED: Give us This Day. Daily reflections on Scripture by the Rev. Charles Erlandson of the Church of the Good Shepherd, Tyler, TX. Notable for his quite in-depth exegesis of Scripture and his focus on practical application and questions for reflection. I’ve linked this site often in the past, but somehow it slipped off this year’s list of links. My apologies.
- ADDED: The King’s English. Another site I’ve frequently linked here at Lent & Beyond but somehow neglected to include in this year’s list of links. The entries are not specifically Lent-themed, but they are excellent daily devotionals. The thing I love about the Rev. Glen Scrivener’s entries is his focus on showing how all Scripture points to and exalts Christ. I want to make sure all of our readers during Lent know of this excellent year-round devotional resource.
- Scripture Union’s 2014 Daily Lenten Devotional (read online or via email)
- Trinity School For Ministry: 2014 Lent Devotional (also available in Print or by email)
- Vicar’s Versicles this is the latest devotional blog from the Rev. James Gibson, an Anglican rector in South Carolina.
Other Lent Links & Resources:
- Fr. Matt Kennedy: What is Lent (a short 7 minute video)
- Let us Keep the Feast (Epiphany & Lent edition): A short booklet with ideas for observing Lent at home
- Lent at Ephesus: Wonderful new album of Lenten choral music. MUST LISTEN!
There are LOTS of Lent 2014 resources & posts at the Godspace website:
- 40+ Ideas for Lent & Holy Week
- Daily Reading Plans for Lent
- Resources for Lent 2014
- Resources for KIDS – Lent 2014
- Music Resources for Lent
- Gardening for Lent (see also here)
- Lenten Prayer Cards